Pestiños are a traditional dish or dessert that women used to prepare in the convents.
Ingredients we need to prepare them:
- 250 gr of Flour
- 40 gr of vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup of lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons of anise liqueur
- 1/4 of teaspoon of salt
ANIS HONEY (to prepare it)
- 100 gr sugar
- 50 mlt water
- 1 tablespoon honey (corn syrup)
- 2 tablespoons anise liqueur
How to prepare pestiños:
1. Mix flour, salt and vegetable shortening until it gets a sandy consistency.
2. Join with liquor and water and beat for some minutes.
3. Knead until soft and let it rest for 10 min.
4. Stretch with a thin roller, and using a knife cut into rectangles.
5. Fry them in hot oil and then drain the grease.
6. Serve them with anis honey.