Just tell me something… These days…so so so cold, would you like to be in your bed, watching netflix with a cup of atole…? of course my answer is YES!!!! …and yours?
Think no more! prepare this simple recipe and enjoy a perfect, nice and hot moment with someone special…
It is a warm drink made from corn masa. People use the same masa that is used for making tortillas, tamales, gorditas, sopes, quesadillas…delicious food.
Atole can be made in many different ways, with different ingredients. It is even the base for making champurrado, which is a delicious, hot and perfect combination of it with chocolate.
Every time I prepare this recipe, I remember my grandma, she used to prepare my brothers and I this atole when we just arrived to Michoacán…and with this kind of weather…pff It is so perfect… ❤ :3
Lets see how to prepare it!
- 1 Cup of dough
- 2 1/2 Cups of Water
- 1 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 piece of piloncillo
- Mix the dough and the water in a bowl and stir until the masa is completely dissolved.
- In a small pot, heat some water with the piloncillo and the cinnamon, until the piloncillo is dissolved.
- Use a sieve to strain the mixture. Transfer to the pot with the cinnamon and the piloncillo dissolved, and warm over medium heat.
- Keep stirring constantly until the Atole thickens.
- Serve and enjoy this delicious, sweet, hot and perfect drink…!!!
Hope you like it!